Welcome to Riversands Vineyards
During your next holiday break or western trek we invite you to visit us at Riversands Vineyards, St George. And enjoy a unique wine experience at Queensland’s most western winery. We are nestled on the banks of the Balonne River only 5 minutes from the town centre and open 7 days a week.
At Riversands you will be welcomed to a free wine tasting or to relax in our garden cafe where you will experience the best of our boutique wines, tasty food and country hospitality.
Travellers, families, friendship groups, business reps and coach groups are amongst the many customers who frequent our vineyard.
A family venture since 1996, we know you’ll appreciate the years of hard work that goes into perfecting boutique wine, a country garden and not to mention three boys!
That passion led us to create a wine range for you where we share our country origins and celebrate the people of the bush.
On arrival our friendly staff will take you through a personalised tasting of our full wine range where you will hear about the stories of characters after whom we have named our wines - from Dr Earnest Seidel the original wine grower in the town to Len Waters a famous WW2 fighter pilot.
We are best known for our delicious fortified muscats and famous port! We also produce a range of dry white and red table wines along with the ever popular sweeter Moscato styles.
Be sure to taste our newest release “Sparkling Sisters.” A perfumed semi-sweet bubbly with delicious fairy floss and rose aromas and strawberry and watermelon flavours. Perfect with your picnic lunch or your favourite fruit platter.
At Riversands you can create your own 'bush story in every glass'.... or discover one of ours!
What’s on offer?
- A free wine tasting- our full range of wines will be on offer for you to sample. Be sure to try our signature Golden Liqueur Muscat. Dry drinkers can try our Beardmore's Dry, Inland Way Chardonnay, Western Rivers Run Shiraz or Ellen Meacle Merlot. Sweet drinkers will enjoy a tiple of our Major Mitchell White Moscato or Dr Seidel's Red Moscato. Chasing a gift- then a bottle of our famous St George port!
Dozen deals- at our cellar you can purchase a dusty dry dozen, a best of the west dozen or a sweethearts dozen or simply mix your! All dozens qualify for a 10% discount. Alternatively you can purchase by the 3 pack or 6 pack or even single bottles!
- Garden Café – find your favourite spot in our garden and enjoy a morning or afternoon smoko or a tasty light lunch. Scones with our grape jam and cream and coffee are most popular. For a savoury lunch try our popular cheese platters or ploughman's lunch. Enjoy with a glass of your Riversands favourite. View the Riversands cafe menu.
- Pottery gift products – purchase a gift from our iconic range of pottery products. Including our muscat filled waterbag or port filled quart pot! See our pottery range.
- Grape jam & chutneys – taste test our unique range of grape accompliments. Sample our delicious grape jam, chutney, relish or combo. Made from our flame seedless table grapes at Kingaroy Kitchens by the Endeavour Foundation. Buy a jar and support a great charity!
- Group functions – We welcome bookings for small and large functions including birthday parties, mothers groups, baby showers, garden parties, family reunions, community events, business meetings, staff workshops, government forums, industry dinners, art courses, Christmas celebrations and wedding ceremonies. We cater to your requirements including lunch and smoko menus. Visit group functions for more information or contact us for a quote.
We are open 7 days a week.
|Monday - Saturday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm (or by prior arrangement outside these hours)|
|Sunday||9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
Closed by law Christmas Day, Good Friday, and Anzac Day until 1 pm.
Open on public holidays except for Boxing Day and New Year's Day (or open by prior arrangement).
66 Whytes Road
St George QLD 4487
How to find us
We are easy to find in St George. Just follow the signs! Travel west along Victoria Street towards the Balonne River bridge. Before crossing the bridge and opposite the St George Caravan Park, turn left at our sign into Bowen Street then right at the next sign into Whytes Road. Follow the signs for 2 kms and you will locate us sign posted on the right-hand side of Whytes Road.
Our entrance is all weather and suitable for caravans small and large! We have a U shaped entrance and exit circuit with a large parking area for big caravans and motor homes. No tight turns or reversing necessary!
Pets are welcome in our garden provided they are kept on a leash. But please not inside our cellar!
For holiday ideas
We look forward to seeing you soon!